By Frank Lovett
Read Online or Download A Republic of Law PDF
Similar political history & theory books
This text offers a concise and internationalized restatement of the general public price technique, an review of its influence so far - in concept and perform - and of its specific relevance to the demanding situations of public administration in a time of predicament and austerity.
This booklet discusses weather swap as a social factor, reading the incompatibility of capitalist improvement and Earth's physical limits and the way those were regulated in numerous methods. It addresses the hyperlinks among modes of intake, power regimes and weather swap in the course of Fordism and finance-driven capitalism.
Conflict is usually defined as an extension of politics by way of violent ability. With contributions from twenty-five eminent historians, quantity 2 of The Cambridge historical past of the second one international battle examines the connection among ideology and politics within the war's origins, dynamics and effects. half I examines the ideologies of the opponents and exhibits how the struggle might be understood as a fight of phrases, rules and values with the rival powers expressing divergent claims to justice and controlling information from front so one can maintain ethical and impact foreign opinion.
Can coercive international coverage destabilize autocratic regimes? Can democracy be promoted from out of the country? This publication examines how overseas coverage instruments comparable to relief, fiscal sanctions, human rights shaming and prosecutions, and army intervention effect the survival of autocratic regimes. overseas strain destabilizes autocracies via 3 mechanisms: proscribing the regime's capability to keep up aid; undermining its repressive means; and changing the anticipated software of stepping down for political elites.
- The New Science of Politics: An Introduction (Walgreen Foundation Lectures)
- Utopian Politics: Citizenship and Practice (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory)
- Bietet die Rational-Choice-Theorie im Bezug auf das Wahlparadoxon überzeugende Lösungsansätze? (German Edition)
- Making the Unipolar Moment: U.S. Foreign Policy and the Rise of the Post-Cold War Order
- Hybrid Constitutions: Challenging Legacies of Law, Privilege, and Culture in Colonial America
- Community without Consent: New Perspectives on the Stamp Act (Re-Mapping the Transnational: A Dartmouth Series in American Studies)
Additional info for A Republic of Law
A Republic of Law by Frank Lovett